Friday, May 30, 2008

Blogrolling

A marketing fellow at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz, a media and entertainment law firm, sent me a nice note about the firm’s new blog focusing on advertising to children—CARU, COPPA, lawsuits involving toymakers, cereal advertising restrictions in the UK, and so on, mostly pretty straight reporting. There are a few months’ worth of posts up now, so if it sounds plausible to any of my readers, they can check it out. My blogroll policy is not so much a policy as it is entirely undefined; once in a while I add or remove links of possible interest to my imagined audience. Anyone is welcome to nominate candidates, but I’ll probably be most receptive to advertising law-related sites, and secondarily trademark law-related sites, because of their relative rarity.

While I'm linking, though, I should really tout xkcd.com, accurately billed as "a webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math and language." Though "programming" should probably have been in there too. One of the folks in the registrar's office at Georgetown law has Exploits of a Mom up on the wall; even if you don't know what "drop table" does, I bet you can figure it out from context. My current favorite is Action Movies--side note, River Tam and I have the same initials! Sadly, I can't kill you with my brain. Anyway, if you check out xkcd, don't miss the little text boxes that pop up when you mouse over the images, either.

No comments: